Welcome to Outer Travel, Inner Journey Podcast. In this episode, we speak with former photographer and doTERRA essential oils presidential diamond leader Aisha Harley–who shares her inspiring healing journey from Lyme disease.
Aisha, currently living happily with her husband Larry and her band of parrots, chickens, ducklings, and dogs in Portland, Oregon, shares here the darkest roads she had traveled and how facing her own anxieties got her to the bright happy place she is in right now. Struggling from Lyme disease, which she didn’t know she had at once, and the massive drop she felt in her body with the onslaught of stress, and pain from toxic relationships brought her to realize that healing has to start with yourself. And that we are all capable of it.
In her healing quest, she found love and the wonders of therapeutic essential oils which led her back to reconnecting to nature and to herself. As magical as this sounds, to her, that moment was like a seed she planted from which everything started to flourish.
Before the magic unraveled there were moments of scariness that dealing with a serious disease can uproot. But her story of collaboration with her physician and actually taking ownership of her healing is truly inspirational. Ayurveda has been teaching us, listening to a deeper level with what the body is telling us is a crucial aspect of healing on all levels. Only when we combine all parts of us, we will be able to come home and heal. We have to be ready to process on so many levels and be our own advocates.
Her message for the listeners is simple: We can keep living and behaving in the same way as before we fell apart or we can choose to start taking baby steps and do things differently. There are endless possibilities that can actually be done to recreate ourselves when we’re in that moment of surrender. It will be uncomfortable, yes, but it’s worth it.
I’m so excited to share this with you!
Links mention in the podcast
- Aisha’s website
- Download audio
- Schedule free Ayurvedic consultation
- Check out our Free Meditation Challenge
- The two biggest blessings in my life that helped me in my awakening process are: (1) my husband Larry and (2) essential oils. Larry was an amazing reminder to me that I needed to take my power back. He held a safe, loving space for me to be healed– something I have never really experienced. –Aisha Harley
- The essentials oils to me represented a reconnection to nature which essentially opened up a reconnection to myself. When essential oils started working in my body and healing me, there was a gentle reminder and a nudge of returning to who I really am, to my essence, and to awakening into truth. –Aisha Harley
- There are different ways for different people to discover how to let go and keep falling back into the backseats of nature and finally letting go of the concepts. When we start trusting the universal peace or love, start surrendering, we find the right way and the moment to come along. –Alexandra Kreis
- I thought my peace existed outside myself, in some other person or relationship to distract myself. As much as I resisted it, everything got stripped away and there I was standing alone, with nobody but by myself. But in that process, I realized that the anxiety wasn’t driven by anybody else and it wasn’t gonna be taken away by anybody else but it was me finding that happiness, peace, and contentment within myself. My happiness needs to be with and without and that I need to stop thinking. –Aisha Harley
- Ironically, we’re born into love yet we develop masks and shields until we feel like we’re flawed and we don’t have compassion for ourselves. But as human beings, we just want to be heard, seen, cared for, and loved. –Aisha Harley
- Take ownership without being demeaned within systems because you know best. –Alexandra Kreis
- We are capable of healing in mind, body, and spirit– the whole being. But change comes in time. Be patient with and love yourself. –Aisha Harley
Aisha Harley is a former photographer, now Presidential Diamond Leader at doTERRA Essential Oils. She lives in Portland, Oregon with her husband Larry, two parrots, 6 hens who just hatched 7 chicks, and two dogs. She lived for almost 20 years with an undiagnosed disease, which caused her to question her mental health and capability to show up in the world. She’s the founder of The Essential Wellness Community– a vibrant and flourishing global community of oil users and educators. She writes and gives advice to anyone struggling with health challenges or are interested in starting an essential oil business through her blog.