This episode’s guest is a leading cybersecurity executive who knows what it’s like to be the only female executive in the room. Meet Jothi Dugar. Cyber exec for NIH in the US for over 25 years. She is a catalyst for change, inspiring transformational leadership as a holistic wellness specialist and coach, author of three books, an international public speaker, and a mom of three.
Cyberspace is one of those industries that’s operating 24/7. And that’s been bringing so much stress, burnout, and overwhelm to the community because they just have to be connected round the clock. It’s a beautiful field, with so much to learn. But it’s like a place where you don’t have a choice on the matter; something you’re forced to stand because of the urgency aspects and potential safety issue. With that, Jothi, one of the very few females leading the industry, felt it’s one of those that desperately need to put mental health wellness among industry values. Something she has so much passion about.
But it wasn’t easy. Mental health seemed unapproachable for them. Yoga, meditation, mindfulness were like off-words. A jargon from a completely different word.
Coming out from a traumatic childhood herself, Jothi opens up a deep place and shares how she found and grew her calling to help people feel better while continuing to lead the industry she also has immense talents for.
And Jothi’s faith, passion, and commitment helped her break the walls. And not only that, but she’s also transcending the cybersecurity and safety aspect to the personal development space to better protect people especially in this day and age of almost everything going virtual.
These two hardworking, persevering coaches also exchanged ideas about the approach they share with their students. Jothi shares about the Jedi approach which is about finding a creative solution, a way to navigate and bring out empathy and compassion.
Her work is an inspiring story of doing what seemed impossible: merging the two worlds together—the outer (cyberspace, so out there!) and the inner (mental wellbeing and the many other aspects of the self).
Links mention in the podcast
- Jothi Dugar Website
- Download Audio
- Watch Video of the Podcast
- Support me on Patreon and receive great gifts!
- Check out our Free Meditation Challenge with Alexandra
- Being a woman leader, you already have to cross a lot more obstacles and roadblocks than if you are a male especially in an industry dominated by males like the cyber community. I want to encourage women and girls to stick with what you want to do; you don’t have to make excuses for yourself or feel like not to be your authentic self just to please somebody else. – Jothi Dugar
- My goal is to bring cyber and the wellness worlds together without making it seem so scary, especially to women. – Jothi Dugar
- I had a traumatic childhood but I’ve set my goals. I had dreams that seemed so far and impossible. But it’s only in setting those dreams that I actually had something to look forward to. The path isn’t always linear. That’s where the power of your intention really shines through. – Jothi Dugar
- Sometimes too many choices can make you more inactive. But it really boils down to two things: you’re born as a human for a reason and that you’re meant to be happy. – Jothi Dugar
Jothi Dugar is a cyber executive for NIH in the US for over 25 years. She is a catalyst for change, inspiring transformational leadership as a holistic wellness specialist and coach, author of three books, an international public speaker, and a mom of three. She helps corporate leaders and their teams with achieving health, balance, and peace that they need in all walks of life to not only survive but thrive in chaos!