This episode’s guest is a healer and geneticist, now living and thriving in Ireland, who took her love of science and learning to the holistic art of healing and helping people in their journey to wellness. Meet Julie Williams.
Growing up a very sensitive child, Julie realized she had shut down all those intuitive and empathic abilities early in her life. Finding the love for science, her curiosity about how things work got her a degree in biology and genetics. Her exceptional work on clinical research and pharmaceuticals brought her up the management career ladder.
Julie had it all. But this same fact made her more afraid, unhappy. This took her out of the corporate world and set her off on a sail—her growth process and journey—not in a big bang but a gradual, step-by-step one, deeply reconnecting to her truth each time.
In this thoughtful conversation, our guest inspires us that it is possible to live what you dreamed of by living your truth. Through the help of mentors and teachers, who’re there to keep perspective, we are not alone in finding that truth. But the answer to the questions will always lie within ourselves and ourselves alone.
Listeners also get a sneak peek at the family constellation work— a modality, a therapy of healing. Julie, through the various practices she explored, brings that work under the umbrella of consciousness medicine. Using the power of consciousness to heal, this work is done to release the issues and, hence, the suffering that’s constraining the flow of love within the family and the self. It focuses on clearing that suffering so we can fulfill our dharma, embrace life, and channel our energy to help our community and the world.
To Julie, “We can’t get it wrong. It’s not unicorns and rainbows; it can get difficult but it’s okay. Living from that place of trust is what will bring so much joy and confidence to you.”
Links mention in the podcast
- Julie Williams website
- Download audio
- Watch video of the podcast
- Support me on Patreon and receive great gifts!
- Check out our Free Meditation Challenge with Alexandra
- I began to realize that the more successful I became in the business world, it was actually not making me happy. All that success factors that people talk about—I attained all of those; it was beautiful but there’s something within me that didn’t feel fulfilled. And that’s what prompted me in this journey that eventually aligned me with my truth. And as I began internally, my external world also aligned with that. – Julie Williams
- We want things to change really quickly but it’s the universe that will tell us that it’s time. I did not try to think about the ‘why’, ‘how’ or ‘when’; just the ‘what’. And that’s when my life took a complete turn. – Julie Williams
- What helped me was aligning with my truth. I asked myself: what are my needs, what is my truth. Just because I’m good at something, I thought it’s what I was meant to do. I did it but it felt constrictive. – Julie Williams
- To really trust in uncertainty is one of the most difficult things to do. – Julie Williams
- One of the fundamental premises under family constellation work is to release the entanglement to suffering. It’s about reincluding everybody, not cutting the ties. – Julie Williams
- We are a matrix of bodies—physical, emotional, energetic, ancestral, and spiritual bodies. I realized that promoting lasting change needs work on all these bodies. – Julie Williams
Julie Williams is a healer and scientist who “combines her love of science with extensive training in sacred and holistic healing arts for a powerful combination with a heart-based approach.” From California to Ireland, Julie moved from her training and career in Molecular Biology and biotechnology and clinical research to realizing her true calling as a healer in 2003. She brings her science background to ground her practice called Consciousness Medicine and certifications in complementary healing therapies such as NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming), Hellinger Family Constellation Work, Shamanism, Non-Dual Tantra Yoga, Neuro-Muscular Massage, Chakra Healing, Cranial Sacral Therapy, and Reiki.