Eavesdrop on this conversation with Richard Fuhrmann about his inner journey and sharing this journey through storytelling. With so many wonderful opportunities to share and listen to people’s experiences of healing, awakening, and self-discovery, we ask: why through storytelling?
In this podcast, Alex brings on this question (and more!). Alex navigates the conversation behind her work: making the space and sharing the limelight to people’s stories—the campfire ones that are not so alien but are so ‘us’. And Richard, a holistic consultant for entrepreneurs from Graz, Austria, and a solopreneur himself, join this by sharing the stops, bumps, and crossroads in his inner journey.
Richard’s spark and story may not exactly be the same as in many of us. It started early for him, but not one that he’s been sure about right from the start. But as he said, ‘we are all on the same journey: from ourselves to ourselves.’
Along his road, Richard realized and took to his mission the importance of bringing the consciousness of compassion and love for one another to the space of business, especially the tech industry. This is founded on his principle that human beings are meant to be tribal and that it’s part of how human beings survived and evolved. And storytelling is one act of sharing and embodying the tribe!
But as solopreneurs, how is storytelling making us visible? How is it leading people to find us? Richard’s answer is simple: People who need you will find you. And hence why our stories of awakening should be told and be brought out there. So people can stumble upon us and see what resonates with them and, eventually, find us.
And for us who listen, always be aware that the person we follow has been through a lot. Celebrate the wisdom in their stories by not putting them up on a pedestal but by giving credit to their experiences and life stories.
Surely, this is the podcast that explains why you should listen to one!
Links mention in the podcast
- Richard Fuhrmann website
- Watch video of the podcast
- Download Audio
- Support me on Patreon and receive great gifts!
- Check out our Free Meditation Challenge with Alexandra
- We are progressing so rapidly in technology, but we, as humans, are left behind. Our emotional intelligence, compassion for each other, and our understanding of the foundations of our society are not at par with the rate technology is progressing. – Richard Fuhrmann
- We need more people in powerful positions to develop more compassion for other people. And this takes introspection—that we are not separate from one another in the consciousness level. This changes everything. – Richard Fuhrmann
- A calling is something within you that whispers of curiosity to discover and follow something. If you follow this calling, only then it starts to unfold. – Richard Fuhrmann
- There’s more that we can’t see with our eyes. But with sensing and feeling. It’s a whole new level of experiencing the world, other people, and your own journey. If you open to this as a question, you’ll find your answers. – Richard Fuhrmann
- Many people are reluctant to own their stories in detail. It’s some form of protection to the listeners. Because sometimes when we hear stories, we come into the copycat mode, we think their way is the only way to move forward. Storytelling can be an informed conversation as well.- Alexandra Kreis
- 2020 is the best year to face your fears. Fear starts within. It’s not something bad per se; what’s bad is the way we treat fear. – Richard Fuhrmann
Richard Fuhrmann is from Graz, Austria. His urge to know more led him to spend time with Indian monks from the Kriya Yoga tradition and being in an Ashram near Miami for 5 weeks at the early age of 18. Richard did a lot of meditation and introspection and his journey back to himself made him learn Vortexhealing® and he spends time with an Advaita-teacher, whom he also wrote music for. He also studied classical guitar, jazz guitar, and music-therapy. Richard is engaged in a systemic coaching course in business-consultancy called “money coaching“ since 2013 and worked with different entrepreneurs who were interested in meditation and who wanted to know more about themselves.