During the time of crisis in Costa Rica’s real estate and industries, some of the contractors and developers lost their projects. But during the profound lull that followed the crisis, a new idea was born stirring the direction of real estate development in Costa Rica. La EcoVilla was born and it grew to become home to many.
In this podcast, Marcelo Valansi shares how he started building this community. It started out as a dream and a conversation; an idea of a visionary who decided to put his dream of living in harmony with the environment into action.
One of Marcelo’s passions is to enjoy nature, sail, dive, travel, explore, learn from different cultures and meet new people around the world. Marcelo has extensive experience in developing residential and commercial projects of different scales in countries like Argentina, the United States, Panama, and Costa Rica.
Marcelo’s vision about home and his innovativeness gave birth to a new home for many other people. It started as a businessman’s idea about developing new projects. But its purpose grew to regenerate a site and to create communities that leave an impact, accessible, profitable, and sustainable. Because building and caring for our community is actually part of our relationship with nature.
Communities and the place we live in are meant to be a home—a place where we feel cared for, a place we care for, a place of connection, peace, and alignment. In much the same way that communities—as it is people living together more than just structures beside each other—is a source of support, sense of belongingness, and co-creation.
Come and envision your community and learn how you can make it true from Marcelo Valansi! Sharing his experience and insights at Outer Travel, Inner Journey!
Links mention in the podcast
- Download Audio of the Podcast
- Watch Video of the Podcast
- Marcelo Valansi FB
- Mit Alexandra Klarheit für das neue Jahr gewinnen!
- 2:28-4:22 – Marcelo’s Turning Point
- 4:57-5:46 – Disconnection to People
- 7:33-9:32 – Adjustment of our Planet
- 13:22-14:05 – Creating a Village
- 16:56-20:32 – Definition of Community
- 22:00-28:12 – 9 years of Growing a Community
- 32:43-34:29– Marcelo’s Challenges in Life
- 35:21-37:53 – Support System
- 38:55-40:16 – Achieving your Dreams
- “We will not survive as a species. I feel that the planet is much stronger than us and that they will likely to wipe us.” – Marcelo Valansi
- “If we start planting trees to regenerate the ecosystem, we can live in harmony with nature and we can produce more than we consume.” – Marcelo Valansi
- “Everybody should be empowered to lead or contribute to a community that can work.” – Alexandra Kreis
- “If we want to see a change in the world, we cannot keep giving the same education we receive that brought us here.” – Marcelo Valansi
- “Life is too short. We all have dreams. It’s really important to make them happen sooner than later.” – Marcelo Valansi
Marcelo Valansi is an innovative entrepreneur who is dedicated to the design, development and implementation of self-sustaining regenerative projects and communities. Marcelo has extensive experience in developing residential and commercial projects of different scale in several countries, such as Argentina, the United States, Panama, Costa Rica.