Math and physics—or ‘hard science’—can be intimidating to some (or many). Because most of the time, it is approached as abstract concepts and principles detached from reality. This area is often a space your kid may not feel too confident.
But to Ulli Helmstetter, teacher of mathematics and physics, these are like lenses to see through this perfectly uncertain world. It’s the knowledge that ties us closest to understanding nature because they are nature itself.
Having to tackle seemingly rigid concepts, it was easy to fall oblivious to your environment and self. No other subject could even frustrate you as mathematics. But Ulli understood these from a perspective that brings him back to the very purpose of knowledge: to be able to live in this world and live in it fully. Math and physics, in their essence, teach about the fundamental principles of nature; problem-solving and adaptation; of the truth, spirituality, and profoundness of life.
And as a teacher, he took it as his mission to share this lens with his students and encourage them to re-discover the infinite magic of the world that we live in as he did when he first fell in love with science.
The whole world is like a hologram. Every piece resembles the qualities of the whole. Like the tail of the elephant—you touch it and you know it’s an elephant. No matter where you look if you look clearly and healthily at things, you’re always connected with the truth. It doesn’t matter which method you use to get or stay connected.
Just like how science is—that it is not a set of information that we have and can hold in our hands. Understanding it is an infinite process as it is ever-expanding. But the basic principles are what we can hold and learn. After all, these principles, math, and physics, are just anchors to the higher intelligence that have let us thrive amid the horrors and wonders of this world!
life Understanding the World of Meditation through Math and Physics
Links mention in the podcast
- Check Ulli Helmstetter Book
- Download Audio
- Support me on Patreon and receive great gifts!
- Reawaken Your Body – Discover New You
- To bring an understanding of the changes in paradigm—understanding what an open, mystical world we are in—has been my mission to my students. – Ulli Helmstetter
- Science is not a set of information that we have and that we know most or almost everything in the world. We hardly know anything. It’s an infinite process. And it’s fascinating to have the feeling that we can take part in this process. – Ulli Helmstetter
- Math and physics are not a fixed system that is boring and invented by mankind. This is nature itself. – Ulli Helmstetter
- No matter where you look if you look clearly and healthily at things, you’re always connected with the truth. There’s no escape. It’s just a matter of being connected. It doesn’t matter which method you use to get or stay connected. – Ulli Helmstetter
- Math is like a lens for looking at your life. You learn how to approach problems. – Ulli Helmstetter
Ulli Helmstetter is a dedicated teacher of mathematics and physics. He has taught in schools in Germany, Costa Rica, and Kenya and over the past 30 years. Aside from teaching inside the classroom, he coaches kids on the more practical skills that kids need to reflect their school performance in exams